What's got my attention this week #6
Things to read, watch & listen to this weekend
Is there anything more joyful than Miriam Margolyes revelling in her moment? 82 and photographed by Tim Walker for July’s issue of British Vogue
The Shift With Sam Baker is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
• Miriam Margolyes wouldn’t want to be straight.
• Glenda Jackson: actress, MP, all-round old bird role model, died aged 87. And here’s the last interview she gave, at the end of 2022. £
• Why women have more sleep issues than men. Yep, hormones. But not just hormones.
• When the thing that’s meant to change your life doesn’t.
• There’s a femicide epidemic in India, and dowries are to blame.
• Why is it so hard to scream?
• How to be actually, truly, properly alone.
• “At 60, I bought a Bentley and had an affair!” £
• Jennifer Aniston’s grey roots are not a news story.
• Relieved to see I’m not the only one who sometimes runs out of things to say.
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial
Subscribe to The Shift With Sam Baker to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives.