What's got my attention this week #26
Things to read, watch and listen to this weekend
The Shift With Sam Baker is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work producing this newsletter and the accompanying podcast, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
• “Everyone”’s been talking about/slagging off this US Vogue profile of Lauren Sánchez (Amazon founder Jeff Bezos’ fiancé in case you were wondering). No need to thank me.
• The double bind of being the eldest daughter.
• “I thought menopause was something that happened to 70-year-olds.”
• The hidden treasure in compost.
• Jazz singer Norma Winstone on being sampled by Drake.
• The quiet rage of caregivers.
• Why it’s never been harder to make a living as a writer.
• Robbie Williams thinks you should be taking manopause more seriously. 🤣 (£)
• What my grandma’s lipstick taught me about the past. (This is an extract from one of my books of the year, A History of Women in 101 Objects.)
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial
Subscribe to The Shift With Sam Baker to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives.