What's got my attention this week #17
Things to read, watch and listen to this weekend
Fashion Director Grace Coddington, 82, (with excellent new hair do and feline companion) stars in a new campaign for Pandora’s lab-grown diamonds.
Every week I curate a round-up of the things that have grabbed my attention in the previous 7-days. To read the entire newsletter, get access to my weekly essays, interviews and the whole archive of 70+ posts, why not consider upgrading to a paid subscription? Your support makes all the difference.
• The 97-year-old first lady of fitness.
• Why do people still judge women with tattoos? £
• Turns out, women face age discrimination at every age.
• Bridget Christie: the menopause is a huge experience that’s been eliminated from storytelling.
• Why do we wait ten days to do something that will take ten minutes?
• Listening to Taylor Swift in prison.
• A beautiful piece of writing about what happens when we look for ourselves in the wrong place.
• Menopause retreat, anyone? (Semi-serious question…)
• Nick Cave, unlikely agony uncle.
• About a year ago, I did an interview with Keris Stainton for her substack The Ladybird Purse. She’s taken the paywall off for a short time only. “I’ve interviewed over 100 women over 40 for The Shift podcast and only one has been upfront about money.”
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial
Subscribe to The Shift With Sam Baker to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives.