What's got my attention this week #25
Things to read, watch and listen to this weekend
The Shift With Sam Baker is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, please consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
• I don’t know about you, but I’m hearing a lot of people saying they’ve got “compassion fatigue”. These two pieces gave me food for thought: How to keep caring when you think you can’t, and Is compassion fatigue a thing – or just an excuse to switch off?
• “We actually have fucking money to spend!” Why do advertisers ignore menopausal women? (Um, I have some ideas actually!!!)
• I’ve been meaning to include this fantastic Gentlewoman interview with the one and only Chaka Khan for ages. So here it is.
• “I never thought I’d be 53 and couch-surfing.”
• Two famous midlife women showed their “real faces” – guess which one got savaged.
• The novelist who inspired Elena Ferrante. (If you like this, you might also enjoy Lives of the Wives by Carmela Ciuraru.)
• “What I learnt from my interracial marriage.”
• Life lessons from a pop-art nun! £
• How much would you pay for peace of mind?
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial
Subscribe to The Shift With Sam Baker to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives.