What's got my attention this week #23
Things to read, watch and listen to this weekend
The Shift With Sam Baker is a reader-supported publication, which means your support makes my work possible. If you love this newsletter and the podcast, please consider becoming a paid subscriber.
• The women of Iceland went on strike for the first time in 48 years.
• The eternal allure of “engagement chicken”.
• Becoming a dad at 69…
• Are the open tabs on your browser trying to tell you something?
• Another moving piece from Poorna Bell, this time on how gardening helps her navigate grief.
• Three things every couple fights about.
• In this never ending news cycle of violence, art helps us find our humanity.
• Trying to make sense of my mother’s decision to die.
• A couple of pieces I liked that were spawned by Britney Spears autobiography: Britney Spears’ body hasn’t belonged to her for 25 years, and Britney and how we use mental health to shame women.
• Katherine May on flourishing in the dark.
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial
Subscribe to The Shift With Sam Baker to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives.